NATHALIE KARAM 5th EDITION
FASHION DESIGN WORKSHOP SUMMER 2018
Courses are designed to introduce students to the basics of fashion design and all the skills necessary to become a fashion designer in the modern society.
A fashion career is two-thirds artist and one- third business. Colors, illustrations, fabrics and creativity are all skills a fashion designer must learn to put a collection together.
You will be introduced to the theory of the pattern making, “moulage” and draping besides the business facets of this industry like Public relation, marketing and social media, in order to understand more the many cores of the fashion business.
- Learn about the fashion history.
- Understand and develop the use and application of design elements like lines, shapes, textures and colors to form a good design.
- Develop and understand the “Human figure” with various styles _depending on each one’s identity_, which is known as “Fashion drawing”.
- Create “Mood boards” and apply them during the creation process.
- Learn about the two major categories of fiber-natural and manmade, and understand the difference between fibers, yarns and fabrics.
- Intro to printing techniques, embroidery, creative fabrics and yarns crafts.
- Acquire knowledge of the types of garments machinery used for stitching and produce any kind of garments.
- Understand the nature of the fashion business: marketing, public relation, types of fashion(Haute Couture, ready to wear and mass market).
- Last but not least, the influence of the Social Media.
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6 p.m to 9 p.m
Location: Jal eldib
15% OFF if workshop fee paid in total.
10% OFF for a limited period.